There are times when it may be very obvious that you need to call a plumber, such as a pipe bust with water flowing through your house. But sometimes, plumbing problems are not so recognizable! Calling a professional is in most cases the most efficient and quick way to get problems resolved. This is very true with plumbing, as it can be messy and challenging to fix plumbing issues even for the most knowledgeable home owner. At Richardson Plumbing we are here to help which is why we have provided a few different circumstances to help you know when it is time to call our professionals!
Water leaks can be obvious but they also can be issues that creep up on you. For example, many people notice their water bill increasing and do not connect this issue to a plumbing problem. It is imperative to check your water usage and monthly bill to stay ahead of these types of problems. Each month your bill should remain fairly close to the month prior. If you are noticing a significant increase in your bill it may be due to a water leak. Detecting water leaks can be as simple as turning off your water and watching your meter for movement.
A clogged toilet may seem like no big deal but it can lead to serious plumbing complications. If your toilet requires plunging more than one time per week it may be time to replace it. You should not be hassling with the aggravation of a clogged toilet on a daily or even weekly basis. Plunging and consistently fussing over your toilet can become a nuisance and should be resolved sooner rather than later. At Richardson Pluming our staff is experienced and happy to help with all your plumbing needs.
Pipe damage is a common problem is colder climates however freezing damage can be prevented very easily with a couple simple steps. The first step is to leave your faucets running slowly; moving water through the pipes will usually prevent them from freezing. Keep your home warm and do not allow it to go below 32 degrees in the spaces where pipes are located. By allowing warm air to enter into areas such as the garage or storage room you can protect your pipes from the harsh cold weather. Believe it or not tree roots are another cause for pipe damage. Trees looking for moisture, can actually puncture through your pipes with their hair-like roots and can cause clogs and breakage. If you have noticed a pipe break, do not stress! Richardson Plumbing is here to take away the headache of a pipe break.
If you think you may have a plumbing problem it is essential to call Richardson Plumbing right away, the problem will most likely only worsen. The plumbing issue will not go away on its own, it is best to get ahead of the issue. At Richardson Plumbing our professionals are knowledgeable, friendly and experienced. We are family owned and operated and we always guarantee our customers quick service at a fair and honest price. At Richardson Plumbing we provide full service plumbing to the Northern KY and Cincinnati areas. Call us today for assistance!
BE AWARE THAT RICHARDSON PLUMBING INC IS ALWAYS ON CALL 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK INCLUDING THANKSGIVING FOR ANY UNEXPECTED PLUMBING EMERGENCIES. BE SURE TO GIVE US A CALL FOR ANY UNFORESEEN INCIDENTS THAT MAY OCCUR DURING YOUR THANKSGIVING WEEKEND.
Thanksgiving is considered the busiest time of the year for the plumbing industry.
There is a reason why the Thanksgiving holiday season is often the busiest time of the year for most residential plumbers that makes perfect sense when you stop to think about it. Cooking large and elaborate meals, and eating and disposing of these meals combined with numerous visitors to your home that use the toilet, shower, and even launder clothes can put excess strain on almost any home’s plumbing system. Excessive usage quickly takes its toll on sinks and main sewer lines making conditions just right for a potential emergency right in the middle of the Thanksgiving holidays.
The two primary reasons that plumbers often stay so busy over the Thanksgiving holidays are related to kitchen clogs and garbage disposals. However, the number of guests testing the limits of showers, toilets, and washing machines do nothing to make the situation any easier. Experiencing plumbing issues can wreak havoc on any holiday celebration and as a result most people consider any plumbing, sewage, or drainage problems an “emergency” that need to be addressed sooner immediately and not a moment later. People expect a quick response by a dependable plumber that provides high quality services at an affordable price.
Consider the following tips to keep your plumbing working as efficiently as possible throughout the Thanksgiving holidays. This will ensure you spend more time with your family than your plumber.
1. Call us to make certain your plumbing and drains are functioning properly several weeks prior to the holidays.
2. Request that visitors wait at least ten minutes between showers. This gives excess hair and waste moving through the plumbing lines time to disperse and dispose of itself as opposed to giving it the opportunity to back up and clog your pipes.
3. Make sure that the only thing flushed down the toilet is toilet paper. Never, ever flush leftover food or facial scrubbing pads, Q-tips, and cotton balls. They cannot dissolve properly and clog the plumbing lines.
4. Make certain that you dispose of fats and cooking oil properly instead of pouring it down the sink. If it is poured down the drain, it can quickly solidify in the pipes resulting in clogs. Use paper towels to wipe away grease from pots and pans and then throw them in the trash.
5. Use trash cans to dispose of most items as opposed to the sinks, drains, and the garbage disposal. This helps to extend the life of your appliances by reducing wear and tear. This decreases the likelihood that they will become backed up or clogged during the holidays.
6. Never put fibrous, stringy, or starchy waste materials in the garbage disposal. Foods such as celery, poultry skins, fruits, and more can actually be harmful to the garbage disposal. It is extremely difficult for the garbage disposal to break down these foods properly which causes them to clog up the drains.
7. Finally, make certain that the disposal is running anytime you put food down it. Never wait until it is full. Also, make certain that you are running plenty of water while the disposal is running and for a short period after it is turned off.